Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) is deeply grateful to all donors for their generous support to the University and is committed to treating donors and prospective donors with the highest level of care, respect, honesty and openness.
HKBU is an institution that since its very beginning has relied on philanthropic support to advance its mission and academic pursuits, building itself into a world-class university to nurture young leaders for our society. The University values and safeguards its autonomy and the academic freedom, and does not accept gifts when a condition of such acceptance would compromise these fundamental principles.
The Donor Charter provides an assurance to our donors in relation to the integrity, accountability and transparency of the University's fundraising activities.
Rights of Donors and Prospective Donors
- To be assured that gifts will be used effectively in accordance with the donors' wishes. Alternative uses for designated donations will be discussed with the donors.
- To be assured that all donations, when undesignated, will be used for such purposes as the University considers will appropriately support its strategic development.
- To receive appropriate and timely acknowledgement, recognition and publicity for each donation in consultation with the donor or to preserve anonymity at the donor's request.
- To be kept abreast of the impact of their benefaction and of the University's evolving needs and priorities. The University will provide progress reports and updates to the donors on their supported projects/activities.
- To have access to the University's most recent published financial statements on the Hong Kong Baptist University Foundation and to receive relevant financial information about their supported projects/activities.
- To be invited as members of the Hong Kong Baptist University Foundation if their aggregate donations reach HK$20,000 or more, and entitled to exclusive privileges and benefits offered by the University.
- To be assured that the information about any donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality.
- To be assured that donors' right to privacy will be respected and that their personal information will be handled in full compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486).
- To access or correct personal data held by the University. Data access/correction requests can be made to the University Advancement Office or the Secretariat of the Hong Kong Baptist University Foundation in writing.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be removed from our mailing lists for sending updates on the University and invitations to University events; and to be consulted if their contact information will be disclosed to third parties within or outside the University.
- To receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to enquiries about donation matters and other aspects of the University.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the Donor Charter or other matters concerning our fundraising activities, please contact the University Advancement Office (tel: 3411 7788 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Secretariat of the Hong Kong Baptist University Foundation (tel: 3411 7788 or email: email@example.com).